Friday, 08 January 2010

High School: the next generation

My son starts High School next week. This is a double whammy to my mental image of myself as still being young. Shit - I can remember my first day in High School as if it was yesterday... at boarding school at Dale College in the Eastern Cape. Now my son starts his secondary education... with the matric results coming out last week, I am not particularly confident about his possibilities in the South African educational system. Then again, taking his sheer bone-idleness and obsession with World of Warcraft, I should not bluff myself. The kid worries me!
He told me last week he wants to be one of two things when he 'grows' up:

a) work for Microsoft and design games. (wtf!)
b) become a surgeon. mmmmm. i ask him why a surgeon? He informs me he just spend the school holidays watching 3 seasons of 'Grays Anatomy' and the girls are cool. boy, does he have a surprise coming his way!

No comments: