Tuesday, 17 April 2007

Queues

I hate standing in a queue. I hate Banks. I hate month end. Ergo, I hate standing in queue in the bank on a month end. It must be a peculiarly South African phenomenon that an obsequious Bank Clerk in her starchy uniform will wander up and down the queue, squeaking obnoxiously at every frustrated client clutching a deposit slip in his or her hand:
“Cheque deposits? Cheque Deposits?

“Why else would I be standing in a queue? In a Bank? To buy a loaf of bread and a pint of milk?
One thing guaranteed to make me paw and stamp like a Cape buffalo ready to charge is a queue jumper. Do Not Jump The Queue. I am not one of those meek souls that will watch you with gritted teeth help yourself to a spot in front of me, Nor will I stand there burning with rage, making loud remarks about queue jumpers.
O, no! I am one of those crazy people who will walk up to you and say very loudly:
“who the fuck do you think you are? Get in the back of the goddamn queue and wait your turn. I will grab you and move you!
No matter how big and tough or small and feminine you are!
You will be moved!
Don’t jump the queue!
Ever!

2 comments:

ChewTheCud said...

Wow. It so rules using the business tellers. Banks make it REAL easy to deposit tons of cash ;)

Find a bank out of the way thats not so busy. Everyone goes to the easy banks, a 5 minute drive somewhere else will save you so much time.

anonamouse said...

thanks Chew...Absa in Midrand must be the busiest bank in the country. Will try the business queue!