Wednesday, 27 June 2007

Snow, snow , snow

It is amazing how the people in Johannesburg freak out when it snows here. Such a song and dance, mass photography by cellphones and idiots calling the radio stations boasting about a 1cm thick layer of snow. WTF?

Maybe it is that we dont get snow here. The last snow I can remember was in 1981.
My sister sent me an SMS at 12:40 last night to tell me to wake up and go look at the snow. Why the hell is she awake at 12:40 on a week night?

I went outside and saw snow falling for the first time in my life. It was amazing! When we stood up this morning, all the plots here in Midrand looked like picture postcards from Canada in the winter. I have never seen snow in my garden, covering trees, shrubs and the dog house. It was spectacular, and bloody cold.

the kids charged outside, making (mini)snowmen and pelting all and sundry with snow.

Roll on global warming. We could do with snow every year!

No comments: