Monday, 07 May 2007

Making money from my tap

What's the story with bottled water? Everywhere I go, people order water, still or sparkling,(or rather tap and sodastream) at horrible prices. Why? All you need ask for in the restaurant is a damn glass of water with lots of ice. We do not live in Mexico, or Delhi, or Harare, where you risk a severe case of the shits by drinking anything that is not in a bottle. That I can understand. But Apple and Mint flavoured water, shoved through a giant sodastream to add a few expensive bubbles. Crazy.

I made the mistake of buying a bottle,500 ml size, at the office this morning. R9,50 for strawberry flavoured water! I nearly had a stroke! I think I must open my own water bottling plant.


Aqua Jozi (compliments of the Rand Water Board). Freshly bottled at source (my kitchen tap).Lotsa minerals and fluoride(thanks again Rand Water). Gently freshened with gas(my trusty Sodastream machine).I just need to think what flavours I can add. I thought of dipping a couple of Chappies(spearmint flavour), soaking the gum in the water for twenty minutes to give a nice bite and voila, Aqua Jozi, softmint at R7,50 a litre.

All I need is a distributor, and I'll be rich!

No comments: